Te Mata Estate Gamay Noir 2021/22 750mL

  • Sale
  • Regular price $28.99
Tax included.

For NZD3.95 per item, please wrap the products in this order. Add

This lively refreshing red can be served light chilled with half an hour in the fridge, which flatters its soft red berry flavours. Flavours are fruity and soft with lifted red floral aromas, which are typical to the Gamay grape and enhance its smooth medium bodied style.


Carbonic maceration was used for 47% of the wine and it enhances the fruit and floral aromas. The remaining 53% received a traditional, warm, red wine fermentation. The resulting wines completed their malolactic fermentation and were matured for seven weeks in seasoned French oak barrels, before blending and bottling.


In 1995, Te Mata Estate introduced to New Zealand a superior selection of Gamay Noir à Jus Blanc, the grape variety of the best wines of France’s Beaujolais region. Estate Vineyards Gamay Noir 2020 is a single vineyard wine from Te Mata Estate’s Woodthorpe Terraces vineyard, harvested on 3 and 12 March 2020.

Woodthorpe vineyard is located on elevated, north facing terraces in Hawke’s Bay Tutaekuri River valley. Between 1863 and 1914 it was home to the annual Woodthorpe races